Position Description: The Keewaytinook Okimakanak Board of Education (KOBE) provides speech-language services to the students of Deer Lake, Fort Severn, Keewaywin, North Spirit Lake, Poplar Hill First Nations and high school students attending the Keewaytinook Internet High School (KiHS). KOBE is seeking a Communicative Disorders Assistant to provide videoconference/telemedicine therapy sessions, assist the Speech Language Pathologist and work with the Special Education team.
The hired CDA will be based out of the Balmertown KOBE office working full-time starting immediately for a 12-month period, with possibility of renewal.
Salary: $22/hr to $28/hr for 35 hours per week.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Providing treatment and consultation for clients of all ages (individual and group sessions). Working in the following areas: articulation, language, fluency, Autism Spectrum Disorder, motor speech and AAC
- Participating in professional development activities for school staff members as well as public education for parents/guardians.
- Developing new programs and services as well as therapy activities
- Documenting intervention in client charts
- Some travel to the First Nation communities
- Bachelors degree
- Diploma from a CDA program from an accredited college
- Registration with CDAAC.
- Possess an attitude of respect and sensitivity towards clients with varied backgrounds, abilities, and educational status
- Proven ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Clean Criminal Record Check
- At least 2 years’ experience working in the following areas: school board or preschool setting for articulation, language, AAC, motor speech disorders, ASD and other developmental disorders.
- Experience with Proloquo2go, LAMP, or other high-tech AAC devices
- Experience with Boardmaker, and other therapy materials
- Training in behaviour management, ASD, self-regulation skills, etc.
- Experience facilitating education for school staff and family members
- Innovative, independent with strong problem solving skills.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume with permission to contact three references to: email@example.com. This job posting is due January 3rd or until filled.
KOBE would like to thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an
interview will be contacted.