Reporting to the Clinical Services Coordinator (CSC), the Regional Telemedicine Navigator is responsible for facilitating individual and group clinical consults for Indigenous communities. The RTC is the point of contact between service providers and the community members and is responsible for brokering the connection between the two. S/he maintains documentation of all clinical telemedicine events.
- Engages health care providers
- Schedules and facilitates telemedicine clinical consults for individuals and groups
- Maintains accurate clinical consult records
- Participates in scheduling team
- Demonstrates commitment to KO eHealth staff team
- Must be able to travel to northern communities as required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- In good standing with the College of Nursing as an RN, or RPN or have a Post-Secondary Degree or Diploma in healthcare related field or 3 years of experience working in the healthcare field.
- Knowledge and understanding of Indigenous culture and values, and of the geographical and health care challenges of Indigenous people and Indigenous organizations in Ontario.
- Indigenous community-based experience is preferred; administrative experience in a health or social service field is an asset.
- Experience working with diverse partners; familiarity with health system in the district.
- Strong organizational skills with excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills, both oral and written.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced work environment and complete work on schedule.
- Proficiency in computer programs such as M/S Word, Excel, and the use of email; ability to learn communications technology and systems software quickly.
- Dedication to service excellence.
OPEN UNTIL FILLED